Guidelines for Applying for CBF Fellows
Next application period will open fall of 2019
How do I Apply for CBF Fellows?
Recent seminary/divinity school graduates (within the past five years, preferably) or soon-to-be graduates who have expressed a clear call to serve vocationally in the local congregation as minister are invited to apply. Applications are received online October 1 - December 31 in odd-numbered years. New Cohorts begin in August of even-numbered years and are announced in June at General Assembly. CBF Fellows Cohorts last for 22 months running from August through June of the second year.
- Graduated from an accredited seminary or divinity school within the past five years (preferably) or soon-to-be graduates. Please send a copy of your transcript.
- Individual member of CBF or member of a church sending contributions to CBF.
- If ordained or licensed, please send a copy of your certificate.
- Submit a statement of your call (no more than 500 words)
- Please give your testimony of when and how you became a Christian, when and where you were baptized, churches attended, church work you have done, and other religious activities. Please describe your present occupation and employment, when you were called to congregational ministry, and what type of long-term congregational ministry you hope to fill.
- Submit a statement of your Christian Faith (no more than 500 words)
- Summarize your faith focusing on your belief in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit (you may include these topics but you are not limited to them). Also include in your statement your belief regarding the Bible, the church and prayer. In conclusion, tell how you express your faith through your ministry in the local church.
- Submit a statement of your relationship with CBF (no more than 500 words)
- When did you first learn about CBF? Mention any CBF meetings you have attended or other contact with CBF staff in the last few years. What do you see as the distinctives of CBF? How has CBF enhanced your ministry?
- Submit a statement regarding why you want to be in CBF Fellows (no more than 500 words)
- Please describe why you would like to participate in the CBF Fellows program. What interests you about CBF Fellows as a congregational leader? How do you anticipate CBF Fellows helping you to thrive in ministry? What do you hope to learn? How do you hope you will grow as a minister over these two years? What do you hope you will have acheived by the end of the cohort?
- After submitting your application, a personal interview with a represantive of the CBF Fellows Selection Committee will be setup with you (likely by phone)