Welcome to the initiative’s virtual online library of resources, a collaboration by the Ministries Council of CBF. Links to recommended resources, video blogs and presentations from CBF events and gatherings are found below. You will also find grant information such as grant program updates and testimonies by grantees and educational program participants on this page. Stay tuned for more amazing resources in the future.
Narrative Budget Resources
- Comprehensive Narrative Budget Resources (United Church of Canada)
- Sample Narrative Budget (Wesley United Methodist Church)
- Creating a Narrative [Mission Focused] Budget (Center for Faith and Giving)
- Narrative Budget Samples (Disciples of Christ)
- First Christian Church of Decatur, Ga.
- Narrative Budget Samples (United Church of Christ)
- United Church of Canada's Stewardship Toolkit
- Bo Prosser's Church Budget Analysis Worksheet
- Not Your Parents' Offering Plate
Personal Finance Resources
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- A Guide to Using the CFPB Finanical Well-Being Scale
- What the Financially Literate Person Ought to Know
- Financial Literacy Month Resources
- 10 Assertions about Possessions, Faith and the Faithful Use of Possessions
Christian Century magazine.
A recent issue of Christian Century features an excellent article sharing the takeaways from the research initiative that engaged the Ministerial Excellence Initiative project research. Also, an essay on the economic challenges work appears from Michael Tassler, of the Rocky Mountain Synod of the ECLA. Links to both appear below.
Helping Today’s Workforce Save for the Future Even as They Grapple with Student Debt
Steve Fussell | Jun 26, 2018