The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship values theological education as an important component of vocational ministry preparation. As a result, CBF invests in students who are current and future ministry leaders in Cooperative Baptist Fellowship life. We award up to 70 scholarships annually to Baptist students enrolled in the master of divinity degree program at an accredited institution of higher education, including those studying at one of CBF's partnering theological education institutions.
Recipients of the scholarship receive $4,000 in tuition assistance and a travel stipend of up to $1,000 to attend General Assembly. In addition, they are given opportunities to build community, network and further develop leadership skills for service wtihin Cooperative Baptist Fellowship partner congregations, missions and ministries.
BAPTIST STUDENTS AT CBF PARTNER SCHOOLS
If you are a Baptist student currently enrolled in one of CBF's partnering theological education institutions, please inquire about applying for the CBF School-Directed Leadership Scholarship by contacting your school's admissions or financial aid office during the spring semester. These scholarships are primarily directed by the school, with final approval granted by the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. If you are not eligible to receive the School-Directed Leadership Scholarship, then you may apply for the CBF At-Large Leadership Scholarship by completing the online application process.
BAPTIST STUDENTS AT NON-CBF PARTNER SCHOOLS - APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 31, 2017
Baptist students enrolled in a master of divinity degree program at an accredited institution of higher education may apply for the CBF At-Large Leadership Scholarship. The Ministries Council of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship will recommend these scholars based on the application of the students and the belief that the students selected represent the best possible potential local ministry leaders for the mission and the ministry of CBF.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR AT-LARGE LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS:
- January 2, 2017 - At-Large Leadership Scholarship application process opens
- March 30, 2018 - Deadline for At-Large Leadership Scholarship applications to CBF
- May 16, 2018 - Name At-Large Leadership Scholarship recipients
The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship will award up to two Vestal Scholarships to Baptist students currently enrolled in one of the fourteen schools of the CBF Consortium of Theological Schools. Scholars will be chosen by a selection committee named by CBF from the current cohort of Leadership Scholars. Selections will be made based on the application of the students and the belief that the students selected represent the best possible potential local ministry leaders for the mission and the ministry of CBF.
Students selected as a Vestal Scholar must meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate a deep commitment and ongoing relationship with Christ,
- Clearly identify with CBF or espouse core values of CBF, showing leadership potential within the Fellowship
- Rising into his/her 2nd or 3rd year as a student
- Be a current recipient of the CBF Leadership Scholarship
- Maintain at least a 3.5-grade point average
- Demonstrate a commitment to congregational ministries
- Involved in a CBF church and campus leadership
IMPORTANT DATES FOR VESTAL SCHOLARSHIP:
- November 3, 2017 - Vestal Scholarship application process opens
- December 29, 2017 - Deadline for Vestal Scholar applications
- January 31, 2018 - Naming of Vestal Scholar recipients
- June 15, 2018 - Introduce Vestal Scholars during CBF General Assembly, Atlanta, GA (recipeints should be present)