Week of Prayer for
The Offering for Global Missions: Because Presence Matters
October 15-20, 2023 and March 10-15, 2024
Equipping…with Every Good Thing…
Equipping with the Global Church
Even as God equips the church with every good thing, the church is called to equip each other to do God’s work and will in the world. Join field personnel working in the context of the Global Church in prayer this week with a litany, a scripture passage, and digital and print resources.
Equipping those experiencing poverty
As we are equipped with every good thing, God calls the church to address the needs of the poor, the marginalized and the neglected. The Offering for Global Missions allows field personnel to come alongside those experiencing poverty, equipping them with resources to thrive rather than simply survive.
Equipping those experiencing displacement
The God of peace equips and develops in us what pleases God. Those experiencing displacement and migration may not have felt the presence of the God of peace. Field personnel are able to equip those traveling the refugee highway with resources for the journey to safety and security because of the Offering for Global Missions.
Equipping and cultivating beloved community
Equipping with every good thing includes experiencing beloved community. Everyone is equipped by the God of peace as they cultivate relationships. Field personnel experience and cultivate community as they are present in their places of service because of the Offering for Global Missions.
Equipping and bearing witness to Jesus Christ
God equips with what pleases God through the incomparable work of Jesus Christ. Field personnel are present to bear witness to Jesus Christ. They are able to equip others in their relationship with the Great Shepherd because of the Offering for Global Missions.
OGM Week of Prayer Bulletin Insert
A printable bulletin insert with information about the Offering for Global Missions Week of Prayer, including tips for ways your church can support CBF field personnel through prayer and giving.
Need printed copies? They can be ordered here.
Day 1 Global Church Prayer Requests
- Pray for field personnel and their partners in the Global Church to be equipped with every good thing.
- Pray for an abundance of the necessary resources for field personnel to be equipped and to equip others.
Day 2 Global Poverty Prayer Requests
- Pray that those experiencing poverty will be equipped with all they need to live productive meaningful lives.
- Pray for field personnel as they work to end food insecurity, economic instability and systemic poverty.
Day 3 Global Migration Prayer Requests
- Pray that the God of peace will be present and will equip with every good thing those experiencing displacement due to violence, war, oppression and persecution.
- Pray for field personnel as they equip those in the midst of migration and displacement, helping them to find places of security and safety.
Day 4 Cultivating Beloved Community Prayer Requests
- Pray for a sense of God’s peace as field personnel are present to those in their own beloved communities.
- Pray for mutual equipping as they build relationships and cultivate beloved community.
Day 5 Bearing Witness to Jesus Christ Prayer Requests
- Pray for field personnel as they equip others and bear witness to Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God’s peace and the love of the Great Shepherd will be evident through field personnel. Pray that others will be drawn to the Great Shepherd.
Day 6 Seeking Transformational Development Prayer Requests
- Pray for field personnel to be equipped and to equip others as they address systems and situations keeping people marginalized and neglected.
- Pray for mutual equipping to do what pleases God as field personnel join partners around the world seeking transformational development.